Sunday, March 8, 2015

AoW Impressions 3-6-15

     I think this week was the most informational out of all the other weeks. This week I feel had the most variety. Pretty much every week we have done this Isis was the main topic it was talked about one way or another. This week there was really no one main topic this week it varied from found WW2 battleships to a dress that seems to change color. There were even some articles that were about the same thing but showing different sides of the topic. Overall this week was very informational and I learned a lot about world events. The most interesting thing I learned from this week was how a dress looks a different color based on your DNA. Scientist have researched a dress that seems to look a different color to different people. The dress looks either gold and white or black or blue and what researchers have found is that it is based on the genes that were passed down from your parents. That was really interesting and that was why it was one of my favorite articles.
 
     Another thing that I learned from this gallery walk was the lost Japanese battleship that has been found. It was called the Musashi, It was a WW2 warship and the biggest of its kind. It was sunk by an American battleship in 1944. For decades historians have searched for it to finally find it 70 years later. It was found by a billionaire named Paul Allen the co founder of Microsoft. It was found in the Sibuyan Sea in the Philippines. This topic interested me because I am somewhat a fan of history so it was interesting to hear that they found a sunk a 70 year old battleship at the bottom of the ocean because it is a big part of are history as well as the Japanese. 

I commented On Carlos, Elenia, and Isabella P 

1 comment:

  1. Good blog this week. You provided a lot of information on both topics you learned about. I enjoyed the second one about the submarine because that was one article I was not able to get to.

    ReplyDelete