Friday, October 3, 2014

Ripper Writing techniques

Prompt: Writing Techniques
Pages read 0-50

        The first technique that I want to talk about is the style that the author used. The words in this book that the author used made the book seem mysterious and also kinda evil. A quote that I want to use from the text is "Im not buckled yet and the knife's still nice and sharp for more grand work" I don't know about you but I would not want to run into that person that wrote that letter. The author would also add word like gloom, dim, what if, and careful to add mystery to the book. The audience that I think the author wanted to target was kids in there teens because some of these word that are in this book are a little more violence and complicated to understand.

         The second technique that I want to talk about is the mood of the book. In the beginning of the book you could just tell that something was going to go just because of the setting the setting gave of a feeling of danger. In the first scene you are going down into a dark basement with a man with only a lamp for light that just shouts trouble, well you know how the rest goes. After I read this first part of the book  I felt like there was someone watching me even though there is know one there.

          I the second scene the mood was completely different it was more of a mystery or hopeful kinda mood. The main characters name is Calvin and he was in the attic trying to find out who his parents where and if they were still alive. When doing this he would be breaking the law for looking at peoples reports but he dose not care. He finally picked the lock and got into the cabinet with all the kids information and he found his name the only thing in the folder was a note, a note from his father. Calvin read this note over and over again trying to make anything out of it. After I read this part of the book I kinda felt bad for Calvin because all he wanted was to know who his family was but instead I just found a note that really meant nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment