Thursday, February 19, 2015

Maze Runner 2/19/15

Prompt: Describing what has happened so far in the book
Pages read: 0-45

I have heard a lot about this book a lot of my friends have read the book and watched the movie. I have been refusing to watch the movie before I have finished the book so I am very excited to finally start reading it.  I am hoping that this book will be as good as my friends have described it. I have found that a lot of the time the book is not as good as people say it is so I am very excited to read it for my self and find out if it is as good as I hope it is. So far this book has been very interesting it is very detailed and well written. Even though it's only the beginning of the book I can tell it is going to be one of the better books I have read.  

The book starts of with a boy named Thomas waking up and finding himself in a pitch black box with noises that sound like pulleys and chains going on outside of it. After being trapped in the black box for hours finally the black box opened and light pored in and about 60 kids pulled out Thomas. After being pulled out of the crate Thomas realized that he didn't remember anything he didn't remember his age his parents, were he came from the only thing Thomas remembered was his name and how to talk. There were no adults around and there leader was a kid named Alby he was about 17 years old. He has a bigger body build and is hot headed but experienced at being a leader.    

Thomas also meets a boy named Newt; Newt is the second in charge. He is a little smaller then Alby but still muscular he is easier to talk to then Alby and soon befriends Thomas. Newt helps Thomas get settled in and also gets up used to the ways of the Glade. The Glade is the small communities were all the kids live, eat, and sleep. Another thing that Thomas noticed after being in the Glade is that there are no girls that live on the community and only boys under the age of 20 live in the community. Thomas is finally starting to get settled in and getting used to the ways of the Glade both good and bad.   


2 comments:

  1. What you describe in your blog sounds very alike to the movie. Who is your favorite character so far? Hopefully, if you choose to watch the movie you won't be disappointed or you might end up liking it more than the book. Overall great job describing what happened in the book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you just don't give plot summaries!

    ReplyDelete