Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thats A First: Choose Your Own Adventure

Prompt: When was the last time I did something for the first time

     The last time I did something for the first time was not that long ago it was the morning of christmas.  Well now that i think of it, it was actually two thing that I did for the first time in only a time span of about 3 minuets. The first one was that I actually woke up kinda late for christmas. Ever since I could remember I have always waken up first on christmas and would then wake up the rest of my family. But this year for reasons that I will explain in the next couple of paragraphs I woke up late and because my family is so used to me waking them all up they would not wake them selves up. So in the end we ended waking up around 9:00 9:30 when we would usually wake up around 6:00. That was one of my first new things that I have done.

     The second and more significant thing that I have done for the first time was also on christmas morning. It was the reason why I slept in, it was because both of my grandpas were over at my house for christmas. One of my grandpas was on my dads side we call him Grandpa Bob and my other grandpa was on my moms side and we call him Grandpa Juan. The reason why we have never spent christmas with both of them is because grandpa Bob used to live in LA so this is really his first year with us during Christmas. And Grandpa Juan never spent christmas with us because he live in Indiana and dose not have a car so it is a big hassle for him to somehow get to are house.

      Yea this christmas was especially special for my mom because before she was really old enough her mom and dad divorced and grandpa Juan moved away to Indiana. So my mom has never spent a christmas with her dad. It was really special to be apart of I could tell that my mom was very excited to spend her first christmas with her dad. Yeah and having both of my grandpas over opening presents with us was very special for me and my mom. And that was the last time I did something for the first time .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabriel, I am a teacher from Idaho. I am going to have my class read your class' blog. I enjoyed this blog because my favorite part of Christmas is spending the time with family and loved ones. I like how you were able to see how special it was for your mom to spend Christmas with her dad. One thing you might work on would be to do some simple proofreading before you publish your blog. Christmas should always be capitalized, as should the Grandpa in Grandpa Juan because you are talking about a specific Grandpa. The few errors that you have affect the readability and detract from your message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Mia from Ms. Miller's class in Idaho. I liked that your story was personal and how you talked about how you got to spend time with your family, which is also my favorite part of Christmas. There were spelling errors that take away from your story and some capitalization errors with "I", "Grandpa Juan", and "Christmas" but I still liked your story very much.

    ReplyDelete