Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Giver: Week Of 11/18/13

Prompt: What has happened
Pages Read: 35


            The book I am currently reading is The Giver so fair it has been a good book. It has a very strange setting and concept. Its about a child named Jonas he lives in a utopia society and the rules are very different from are society. Examples of this are that they are not allowed to have there own children and there children are given to them by the government.

            So far jonas has descried to us how the society works and runs and told us all of their rules. He also has told us about his familie and there rituals that they have to take on an every day bases. Jonas has also told us that the government controlled most of their rights and lots of there freedoms that we would have in are modern life.

            Another really important thing that jonas talkes about is the annual cerimonies that substitut for are birthdays. He tells us that everyone is the same age and at the age of 12 that are considered adults and thats when they start their first and only jobs they will have. Also he told us what school were like and what they did for school. The last thing he has told us is that how the government gave them there jobs and if you are released you are a fool and you are let go out of the society.
          


7 comments:

  1. I liked how you did your blog on The Giver. I enjoyed that you gave us examples of the type of government in The Giver's setting. I always that the most important age in your life is age 18 because that's when you become a full adult. It's weird that a bunch of random people have to chose your future job. Overall great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture you added! I did a similar thing (: I always enjoy reading your blog posts because they are detailed, straight to the point, and not confusing to understand. You described the story so far in a way people can understand. So if someone didn't fully understand, they can read this. Great post, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you summarized parts of the story. Don't you think it's crazy how when they're twelve they are already considered as adults? I think if were to live that way people live in utopia is depressing a little bit because there's so much more to know in the world. Well, I hope you're looking forward to read the rest of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture you added. It goes with the book. Well in my opinion if the world of the Giver is a "perfect" or close to perfect society I would never live there. I don't like perfect. Good blog explaining what you have read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIce blog. Explains most of what is in the pages you read. You should read over your blog before you publish because there are some errors. The picture fits well. Good job summarizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your blog this week! I liked how you explained what Jonas had told us and what the book was about. I also like how you compared our society with the utopia that Jonas lives in. I find it weird that everyone turns one year older within the same month. Great blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a really good job of summarizing what has happened so far! If I hadn't read this already then I wouldn't be really confused if I read your summary. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete