Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Poetry Reflection

Gabriel Anderson
3/5/14
Poetry Response 

Poetry plays a role in my life in multiple way’s. My mom and dad are both into poetry my mom is a little more into it then my dad. She has kept books from high school and collage that are filled with poems and names of authors. My dad doesn't have books filled with poetry like my mom but he still now’s how to right it he sometimes gives me ideas on what to right. Poetry sometimes brings my family together when we they help me. One day when my sister goes into the 7th grade she is going to have to ask me for help just like how I asked for help from my parents. Over all poetry has brought my family together. 
I  do think poetry does belong to every person. Poetry dose not just belong to the rich but also belong to the poor. I even think that poor people need poetry more than the rich because poetry can give inspiration and hope to the hopeless, poetry gives them a way to speak there mind without being judged. I went to a poetry slam in Chicago once, some people there did not have a lot of money. But that didn't matter to them the only thing that mattered to them was to get there message through to the people. I think poetry belongs to everyone even if they are poor or have a lot of money. 



I think life experiences affect the author’s poem in many different ways. First of all I think that if an author has a not so bright life then they would be influenced to right a dark poem. Something that proves this is when I went to a poetry slam and most of the poems where about struggles and hardships that they had to endure when they were young. I also think that some of the characters in the poem could be based off of a person that played a significant role in the authors life.  Like if the person encouraged the author to purse a dream in real life then maybe the author could have written a poem about how the person encouraged them

No comments:

Post a Comment